Duders Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Duders Pokemon League

a pokemon league for diamond and pearl

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An interesting idea about different video formats

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hemplas

Hemplas

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-01

An interesting idea about different video formats Empty
PostSubject: An interesting idea about different video formats   An interesting idea about different video formats Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:06 pm

Ok, I have not done much research on this subject yet, so please point out any flaws in this idea if you see any.

For those of you who watch downloaded videos (especially anime), most of you should know by now that to play a video on a standard DVD player, it requires the video to be in a very specific format, which happens to take significantly more disk space than standard AVI or WMV files. So I got to thinking, could there be a way to trick the DVD player into playing other types of video files through the menu system that can be put onto DVD's? Could be be possible to create a pseudo program embedded in the menu system that could actually play AVI, WMV, or even OGM or MKV video files? If this is possible, it would save me hundreds of hours of time that I would normally spend converting these files into the appropriate format.

If any of you have any ideas or thoughts on this subject, please let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://home.fuse.net/marobers/ken/index.html
trainerjesus
Elite 4
trainerjesus

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: An interesting idea about different video formats   An interesting idea about different video formats Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:16 am

yes but you have to have a special dvd player. modded one
Back to top Go down
Hemplas

Hemplas

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: An interesting idea about different video formats   An interesting idea about different video formats Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:33 am

Actually, I did a little more research on this topic. I now believe this idea is 100% possible, because I have found they actually make games that can run on any standard DVD player. You don't even need a modded DVD player, the technology already exists and is in almost every home in the united states, all we need now is the software.
Back to top Go down
http://home.fuse.net/marobers/ken/index.html
trainerjesus
Elite 4
trainerjesus

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-04-10

PostSubject: Re: An interesting idea about different video formats   An interesting idea about different video formats Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:57 am

i use to have one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An interesting idea about different video formats   An interesting idea about different video formats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An interesting idea about different video formats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duders Pokemon League :: Duders Pokemon League :: General Chat-
Jump to: